Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Update on the food coloring incident

A few of you have shown some interest in whether the food coloring has come out, so here's an update. As far as the best cleaning method, just plain water and a lot of towels has worked the best. The couch looks pretty good, but there are a couple spots that still need some work. The floor is slowly coming clean, but because there was so much of it, it's taking a lot of water and a lot of blotting. I will also need to clean the entire floor once I'm done because now I have cleaner spots than the rest of the carpet. As far as the kids, they still have spots, but it's getting lighter. And the dog...well he's still looking very patriotic :) So, if this ever happens to you, just grab a bunch of water and a bunch of towels and have fun!!!

Also, I cannot say enough about microfiber couches!!! I don't think I would have had as good of luck with some other kind of fabric. Microfiber is definitely the way to go with kids around!!!

2 comments:

linnellbelle said...

Oh MAN!!! What a mess! I'm glad it's coming out! My kids die everything...but luckily so far it's just been food items.
By the way, I really like your family pics in the blog topper. So cute! It was great to see you the other day. Talk to you later!

the5johnsons said...

oh you poor thing. I feel bad for you. I had an incident a few years ago with a black permanent marker and i found this stuff called speedball to clean it with. I got it at bell janitorial on wall ave and it worked like magic.