Friday, November 14, 2008

The food coloring incident

I've been told by many people that if your kids do something that you're really upset about, then just grab your camera because you'll think it's funny later on. Well, I did just that and I really do hope that I find this funny later on!!! This is what happens when the food coloring that was used the night before doesn't get put back on the highest shelf in the cupboard.

I'm not sure if you can tell exactly how much food coloring they actually got into, but it was all over them, the couch, the carpet, and the dog. Food coloring in that amount is not the easiest thing to clean and unfortunately it is an ongoing process right now. It won't come off the kids, I haven't even tried the dog and the carpet still has a slight shade of pink. The couch doesn't look too bad, but there's still more coloring coming off of it each time I wipe it down. So, if anyone has any ideas about how to get food coloring out, let me know. As of now, I will be doing research on the internet until I find something that works.

4 comments:

Travis & Steff said...

Gotta love it!!! I am really glad that I am not the only one who has adventurous kids!!!

The Garrs said...

Oh Man, that really sucks!!! I remember when I was a kid and we spilled yellow food coloring all the way down the hall. We got in a lot of trouble though. I hope it all comes out. GOOD LUCK!!!

Stacie said...

Holy Cow. They look as though they had a good time destroying everything. That is kind of funny. You'll laugh, in a few years!

Shawna said...

I know I'm gonna have to deal with things like this with my kids! It will be funny in a few years but I can just imagine the frustration you have now! I have no idea how to get it out of carpet and couches. Look on the bright side...it's a good thing they didn't have clothes on! haha Good luck! You'll have to let me know if you find something that takes it out.