Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Frontrunner and Gateway


Last Friday I took the kids down to Salt Lake on the Frontrunner train. We barely missed the 12:30 train, so we had to wait at the platform for the 1:00 train. The kids were pretty nervous while we waited because they didn't know what to expect. They really enjoyed the train ride and they think that is how we should go to Salt Lake all the time. It was nice not dealing with the traffic, but next time I will definitely not take a big stroller, that was a pain to have to deal with!!

When we got to Salt Lake, we took Trax over to Discovery Gateway where the kids had a ton of fun!! We felt like we had the place to ourselves because it was so empty. It was nice to be able to wander from exhibit to exhibit without worrying about a big crowd. I've decided year-round school is kind of nice that way!!


The kids playing "store".


Cody climbing the rock wall, go Cody go!!


The kids playing house. They fed me all sorts of interesting food, like a bell pepper in a bowl.
Yum, yum!!


"Tonight on KSL 5 news..." Cody had fun pretending to be a news anchor. Brooklyn just wanted to show off for the camera.


This is Brooklyn trying to take a picture of herself. She loves the camera and wanted to take a picture of everything!!

After Discover Gateway, we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, which I had never been to before and I really liked it!! Then we went over the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and got some sweets for the ride home. I love their caramel apples, I got a Snickers apple this time and it was delicious!! We caught the 5:55 train home, which was pretty crowded with all the business people heading home, but we got there in plenty of time to get a great seat!!

Les was supposed to join us for dinner, but he ended up having to go rescue his parents from Bridger Lake because their car broke down and the tow company wouldn't tow their trailer home for them, so he went and picked it up for them. He's such a great guy!!!

5 comments:

The Garrs said...

It looks like you guy had a fun day!

the5johnsons said...

We keep talking about doing that same thing. Any advice for a first time frontrunner traveler. You are very brave to go alone. I am glad that you had a fun day.

Stacy said...

My advice would be to check the schedule online before you go and make sure you are there about 10 minutes early. Also, if you don't have to bring a stroller, don't, if you really need one, take a small one. Taking a stroller on the Frontrunner was fairly easy, but on Trax you have to fold it up first and carry it up the stairs, which would have been impossible if I didn't have my two older children there to help me out with the younger ones. Other than that it was great and I'd do it again!!

Carlee Hoopes said...

I always eye those caramel apples, but I've never splurged for one. I so need to do that some day! That Discovery Gateway looks great!

Les Buchanan said...

Gee, thanks honey. =)