Friday, January 13, 2012

The year continued...

In June 2011 Les and I went to Maui to Celebrate our 15th anniversary. We had a great time. Maui is gorgeous! I hope to be able to go back some day.

Late June brought us another dance recital. Kenzie and Brooklyn did a great job!

In July we went to Jason and Amy's for a birthday party and the kids got to ride their horses. They absolutely loved it! Thanks Amy!

In July Kaden and Brooklyn started a new year of school. Kaden went into the 1st grade and Brooklyn went into Kindergarten.


August brought us Kenzie's 12th birthday. She is growing up into a beautiful young woman and I'm so proud of the person she is becoming.


In September Les and I ran participated in the Dirty Dash at Soldier Hollow. We did it with a group of our new friends. We had such a great time. Who knew it could be so fun to run through mud, climb over bails of hay, swim through mud, wade through chest deep, cold water, climb a rope wall, and slide down a huge water slide? We had so much fun and can't wait to do it again. Here is the before and after.

In October we celebrated Kaden's 7th birthday. He had his first friend party. He picked a Sponge Bob theme and we played a lot of fun games. Cody also had a birthday in October, but for some reason I failed to get a picture of him. Bad mom!


In October we also went down to St. George to see Little Mermaid at Tuacahn. It was amazing! My mom's cousin, Heidi, played Ursula and she definitely stole the show.

And here we are at the next Halloween! Notice Cody's AWESOME costume once again. :) Kenzie was a dead ballerina this year, Kaden a shot police officer, Brooklyn a cheetah or leopard I don't really know, and then we also have Shaylee, Amaya, and Jacob. I'm not exactly sure what their costumes are, but they look really cute!



In November I surprised Les with a birthday party with a bunch of our friends. He suspected that something might be going on, but never guessed that I would put together something this big. It was a great success and I'm so glad I was able to surprise him. He surprised me earlier in the month with a bunch of fun stuff too.

And that's it for now. I have more pictures on my camera that have yet to be uploaded to the computer. Maybe next time it won't have to be a year's worth of posts. :) Until next time....

No comments: