Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another marathon post

Once again I have gotten several months behind on my blogging, so here is another very long post to get you up to date. I wanted to do this now because we are leaving for Disneyland next week and I wanted to be able to blog about that as soon as we got home, so here we go!


First up we have Black Island Farms. Kaden's preschool class went there for a field trip again this year. Brooklyn got to tag along and they had a great time. We went on a hay ride where they learned about different vegetables and each got to pick a pumpkin. Then they played in the courtyard where there was a train, bounce house, slides, and animals. It was a lot of fun.


Up next we have Halloween. Les and Kaden dressed up as Mario and Luigi, which was super cool! Les won a prize for his costume at work. Kenzie was a hippie. We tie-dyed her shirt and Grandma Garr made a vest and turned some old jeans into bell-bottoms for her, she was way cute! Cody was a zombie. We didn't ever take the time to really work out his costume, but I think it turned out pretty good for a last minute attempt. Brooklyn was a 50s girl and looked super cute in her poodle skirt that Grandma Garr made for her. I was a gypsy, but most people thought I was a pirate, but that's okay, at least I dressed up! We had a quick party at my parents house and then came home to go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. The kids got a ton of candy which disappeared very quickly!



It was that time again to get a new family picture taken, but unfortunately we waited too long and didn't get a chance to do outdoor pictures again like I had wanted to, so we decided to have my cousin take our picture in front of my parents fireplace. It didn't turn out too badly, but I think we will give it a go again in the spring.


Next up, pictures with Santa! At our annual Peterson Family Party Santa comes each year and brings a bunch of yummy candy, but you have to sit on his lap in order to get some. Brooklyn and Kenzie went right up and were pretty close to the front of the line. Kaden wanted absolutely nothing to do with Santa and wouldn't go near him. Cody waited patiently until close to the end of the line, but it was worth the wait!


In December, Kenzie, Kaden, and Brooklyn had dance and tumbling demonstrations. This is Brooklyn and Kaden's first year doing dance and tumbling and they have been having a blast. Brooklyn was kind of nervous up on the stage, but she did pretty good once she got going. Kaden had fun showing off for us. Kenzie is doing really well with both dance and tumbling. I wish I would have gotten better pictures, but it's hard when they're constantly moving.


The next pictures were taken at Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's Christmas Eve party. Brooklyn got this cute purse with all kinds of fun stuff in it from Aunt Ruth and she decided to share with Grandpa Garr. He's such a good sport!



And then it was Christmas! Everyone got a lot of really fun presents this year. Cody and Kenzie's favorites were their phones, Kaden's was his robotic dinosaur, and Brooklyn's was her Three Musketeers Barbie. My mom got us all Laser Tag guns. We're looking forward to the warmer weather so we can really try them out, but we've had fun chasing each other around the house and hiding behind furniture. Les got me a Quickutz Silhouette SD, which for those of you who don't know is a really cool digital cutter that I can use for my scrapbooking. I've had a ton of fun with it already and I can't wait to learn more about it so I can make all sorts of fun stuff!


Les took Kenzie, Kaden, and Brooklyn sledding with our neighbors. He said they had a lot of fun, which they must have because they were gone for a really long time! I was able to catch up on my reading and relax on the couch since I wasn't feeling well. I'm bummed that I missed out on the fun, but I'm not a big fan of snow so they probably had more fun without me!

And there you have it...four months worth of fun with the Buchanan family. Of course we have done many other things in the past four months, but these are the things we actually took pictures of. I know I'm not the greatest of bloggers, but I hope those of you who read this enjoy the quick catch-ups every now and then.

Coming soon.....Disneyland!!!!

No comments: